Monday, January 23, 2006

do you sleep

Lisa Loeb - Do You Sleep (pops)

If and when I ever get married, I want one "out". One instance where cheating is allowed and even encouraged should the opportunity arise.

My out? Lisa Loeb.

I don't really have to consider it. It's an automatic response.

I don't know if it's the glasses or the hair or (most likely) the personality, but I'm fairly certain I would cut off a digit to spend a week with her.

So I ask you, gentle reader, who would your "out" be? You only get one, and it has to be someone who you would never encounter in normal day-to-day life. If people respond (doubtful), this could be quite the revelatory moment.

This weekend, I spent the better part of a morning wandering around the local hub of culture known as Wal-mart getting my oil changed, or more accurately, wandering around waiting for thr wrench monekys to get around to my car.

At my local Wal-mart, there's always one woman who fills out the paperwork for the new customers, then two old (60+) men manning the actual service stalls. I've only heard unsubstantiated rumors of other people working in the Auto Service department, and never actually seen them. I'm operating under the impression that there are no other technicians, and that those three do everything, from tire replacement and rotation to full lube jobs.

Or at least it's funnier to imagine that, anyway.

Tomorrow is the worst day of my schedule, as I've got two late classes and very little time to do the homework assigned in them before Thursday. On Thursday, I've got five days to do any work, including the weekend, but on Tuesdays, I've got just two, with an early day sandwiched in the middle. It sucks.

I'm going to head on to bed (or more accurately, go to sleep, as my bed doubles as my office chair and workstation). Arrivederci, i miei amici.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.