Monday, January 16, 2006

heard 'em say

Kanye West featuring Adam Levine - Heard 'Em Say (pops)

Well, there goes another three-day weekend, and the last break I'll have until Spring Break. It always seems like I fritter away my vacation time, and I could have spent it better.

As it is, I got a haircut, shaved off my beard, and filled out my voter registration form. Plus, I went to the library, bought a new pair of steel-toed boots, and read most of the Sandman series.

That's a lot, or at least it is for someone who lives as sedentary a life as I do.

And now I can't stop feeling my chin. It's weird to have a bare chin after having a beard for most of the past few years; in some ways it's weirder than having a shaved scalp after having a full head of hair. You end up noticing a beard more than your hair. You touch your face more than fifty times a day. You only touch the top of your head a few times if at all.

I need to grab all of the Sandman Mystery Theatres, plus the oneshots and all of the mini-series. So far, I'm really liking the core Sandman series, and more importantly, I like nearly all of the secondatry or supporting characters. Cain and Abel particularly are a hoot, as are Merv Pumpkinhead, Lucien and Matthew. Of course, all seven of the Endless are fun, particularly Delirium's stories.

Tonight is the big UFC show on Spike, and I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow on TiVo. I'll have to avoid spoilers, which will be pretty hard considering all of the sites I go to every morning.

I'm dreading going to school tomorrow and the day after, because I've got a Spanish quiz, a speech to give in Public Speaking, and a quiz in HGD. I'm not particularly prepared for any of them. I guess my inner Tommy Flanagan will have to come out. Yeah, that's the ticket. The one thing that has served me better than anything, more than my memory or my ear or my booksmarts, is my good old Irish blarney.

Though, since I'm not Irish, I guess the correct term would be "Anglo-Saxon bullshit".

The skill to talk your way out of situations is invaluable. I can't count the number of times I could have got my ass kicked, except I averted crisis by spinning a yarn. School, work, just general life, it's useful in all arenas.

Oh, and Kate, I've got to add another recipe to that collection you got for Christmas. It's sort of a cheesy cornbread that's dead simple. Really good, too.

Well, that about wraps it up. Good night, and good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.