Sunday, January 01, 2006

first day of my life

The rasmus - First Day of the Rest of My Life (pops)

I really haven't done anything these past few days. I didn't do anything for New Years, but I usually don't.

My work's been pushed back to whenever I can get to it, since the servers are getting switched over and I don't have a clue when they'll be back up. That's a hardware problem, and I'm a software person in this little business. I think the actual server's in Colorado or Wyoming, so I couldn't do anything anyway.

Friday night my TV in my room died, so on Saturday I had to get a new one from the mecca of modern shopping, Wal-Mart. Hopefully, this TV will last more than a year, unlike the broken one. It's not that it's a huge expense, but it is money I'd like to have back, you know?

So, let's get to the good stuff. Nobody came forward with the 20,000th hit, and it's been about a week, so I'll just have another contest.

It's a song contest this time, so a little knowledge is required on your part. No straight Googling allowed (i.e., plugging the quote directly into the textbox of any search engine and hitting enter). Any other use of internet resources is iffy, but may be acceptable upon review. Honesty is paramount.

The theme is "first lines". All of the ten following phrases are the first lines of songs. They may be obscure, they may be well-known. It's a crapshoot. I can tell you that at least one of these you will either know right of the top of your head, or be very disappointed in yourself when you see the answer. Anyway, onto the lyrics.

------

1. "I never jumped in and rescued you, but I wanted to."

2. "For a small girl, Barbara sure has got a big crush."

3. "Make a hole with a gun perpendicular to the name of this town in a desktop globe."

4. "Just when I believed I couldn't ever want for more, this ever changing world pushes me through another door."

5. "I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away."

6. "If he was from Venus, would he feed us with a spoon?"

7. "I want to love somebody, I hear you need somebody to love."

8. "While the music played, you worked by candlelight."

9. "Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling. Do you feel my heart beating?"

10. "Let me tell you how it will be: there's one for you, nineteen for me."

------

There you go. Game on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.