Tuesday, December 13, 2005

walk away

Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away (pops)

Please tell me I wasn't the only one hoping for a James Gang cover.

Now, you want to talk about your underrated bands, there's a prime candidate.

Anyway, I took my last final today. I don't feel great about it, but I think I'd have to fail the final to impact my grade in there a letter grade, and I don't think I did that badly.

In other news, I bought books for next semester. $345.66, which is less than I spent for this semester's. Three used, one new. Damn you, Spanish 1002. (And I'm fairly sure that won't be the last time those words are found on this page.) The rest were under $75, but Spanish was $125, and it's the thinnest book.

Am I the only one who feels a little ripped off by the lack of hardcover books? It seems to me that if you're going to spend more than $100 on a book, it should be in a format where you can keep it for a little while, if you so choose. I appreciate the lack of heft in my messenger bag, but I'd kind of like a set of books that will last a few years.

Speaking of my messenger bag, maybe I can get some more patches for it next week. Right now, I've got four of the Homestar Runner patches, and they look mighty swank. I'd love some band patches, particularly a "Death to the Pixies" patch.

I haven't shaved this week, so my beard has gotten to the point where it rubs against my neck and chest when my head is down. It's profoundly annoying, but I'm too lazy to shave it off yet. I've got two trains of thought here. One, I can shave it all off and start anew in January. Two, I can let it grow wild and shaggy and maybe get a spot in ZZ Top's touring band.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to catch up on lucha and my sleep. Not necessarily in that order.

If you want to get a hold of me, my phone number's on my Facebook profile, and my email address is on the right side of this page. Call me, email me, maybe we'll do something. I've got a full tank of gas, and I can go buy half a pack of cigarettes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.