Thursday, December 01, 2005

if you leave

Gin Blossoms - Alison Road (pops)
Nada Surf - If You Leave (pops)

Here's the video to make up for yesterday, in addition to today's regularly scheduled programming.

Speaking of which, it's a cover of Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark's "If You Leave", slowed down and indie-fied. It's quite tasty. It's also a shame it was on the OC first.

Nada Surf is better than that. They've been unfairly tagged as a one-hit-wonder ("Popular"), when they have far more talent than your average OHW. No one should have to whore themselves out for the OC. Not even Death Cab, who will never recover the credibility they lost by doing so. Sure, they spiked their sales for the short-term, but what about the fans that supported them before they broke, and would have supported them long after? They're firmly alienated, and DC thereby shortened their careers.

Anyway, I'm tired and cranky, as my dissection of mainstreamed indie-pop shows. I only get music-review-y when I'm sick or tired. Ding ding, we have a winner, since I'm both.

I'll be better after a nice long weekend, which starts early for me. No Algebra, since we're supposed to review for our final, which I don't think I'm going to take anyway.

Next week is going to be quick, but hard. A test in Psych on Monday which no one, least of all me, is prepared for, followed by the final on Friday (I think). A Music review on Tuesday, for a test on the 13th. A review in AmGov on Tuesday for a final on Thursday. Then, I can safely lounge away the winter break.

Also, I have to buy next semester's books sometime soon (within two weeks). Not going to be pleasant, but it's got to be done.

Well, I'm done for the day. It's a solid sleep and hopefully no weird dreams, like the one I had last night. It started in a basketball gym (though not WBHS's), moved to a traditional Chinese restaurant where I had a meal with someone I never liked in high school, or ever for that matter, and ended with me telling bad jokes on a stage in front of a bunch of comedians (Tim Allen and Richard Lewis are the only two I can remember clearly).

Why can't I just have a normal sex dream or end up naked in a shopping mall or something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.