Tuesday, November 22, 2005

nessun dorma

East Village Opera Company - Nessun Dorma (pops)

This is the group I talked about a while back, that apes Queen's classical bombast, but with actual classical music.

The site I get my videos from, VideoCodeZone, has four videos from them. Try the music out, see if you like it. Hey, it's free, and if you like it, I can probably get you the album for dirt cheap. The only thing you've got to lose is time, and if you're reading this, you probably don't have much better to do. I mean, you're reading what I write, for God's sake.

I accomplished today exactly what I set out to do yesterday: I ate, I slept, I messed around on the internet. It's not veni vidi vici, but it'll do.

I've actually run out of things to StumbleUpon, so I had to go in and expand my original topic set. Twice. I'm now signed up for stuff I only have the barest interest in, like board games. But I'm getting to see some cool stuff that I wouldn't have found on my own, so it's all good.

I was surprised by how many of the users were Neil Gaiman freaks. I realize the core audience for SU is nerds and geeks, but these people aren't so much into the Sandman stuff as they are the literary stuff, like American Gods and Good Omens.

Both of which you should be, borrow, or steal to get. Really. If you ask nicely, I'll even loan you my copy, which, if you know me, doesn't happen very often. I'm quite the over-protective packrat. In Carlin's "stuff" dichotomy, I'm an alpha male.

Skipping my first college class felt good today. I figure, I would have had to drive all the way to Watkinsville just to hear my professor drone on and on about useless stuff, and I haven't missed a single period in all of my classes, so I've earned it. Even Stacie remarked, "You've probably shown up to more classes in one semester of college than you did in four years of high school." She's almost right.

I have no idea why. I haven't had a major gastrointestinal attack since about June, and all my colds have been minor. Maybe I'm actually developing an immune system?

Nah. Couldn't be. It'll probably all come back to me in about a month, and I'll be as sick and miserable as usual.

I'll leave you on that bright and cheery note. Leave me comments, either about how much you liked or disliked the EVOC stuff, or about your general infatuation with me. Adios, muchachos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.