Wednesday, December 14, 2005

keep hope alive

The Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive (pops)

Today I did nothing, but that will change tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I've got to start work on the extended family's Christmas gift to the grandparents, namely a calendar. Dad and I are the only two with the requisite Photoshop and desktop publishing skills, so we got volunteered to do it. And to think, I thought I would never use anything I learned in Buoy's class.

Doesn't mean he's not a douche, though.

In addition, my uncle's crazy moneymaking scheme is acually paying off, so I've got some more work to do over the holidays for him setting up websites. It's only a hundred sites (I know, you're thinking "ONLY a hundred?"), but I'll take the work. Lord knows I can use the money. It's drudgery, but I'm getting paid much more than my normal rate for taking this on short notice.

So my holiday went from being leisurely to being jam-packed pretty quick. The calendar shouldn't take more than a couple of days, but staring at the screen doing blemish touch-ups for eight hours isn't good for my eyes. Then, the websites shouldn't take more than four days, as soon as I catch my rhythm again. I'll have to find all of the old passwords and remember all the tricks of doing it as fast as humanly possible, when I could do 75 or 100 sites in a (caffeine-fueled) day.

As a result of all this hustle and bustle, I may not get to post again until next week. Bear with me and you'll get your dark sarcastic lord of mirth back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.