Thursday, January 12, 2006

bittersweet me

R.E.M. - Bittersweet Me (pops)

I didn't update yesterday, because I'm basically a lazy creature. Also, I didn't feel like it, and my birthday is a national holiday.

Or at least it should be.

A boy can dream, right?

Today was okay. in World Civ, we split up into groups to "get to know one another", so I met Bart and Anna, in addition to Devin, who I've now had four classes with. That was about it, but it was a thousand times better than listening to her lecture for an hour and fifteen minutes.

In Spanish, I did all the homework correctly, except for past tenses (which I never learned in the first place). My quiz grade in there was an 82, which I am perfectly happy with. I don't mind getting a question wrong, so long as I can go back and tell exactly what I did wrong. My problem is if I have no idea where I messed up. Then, I worry. I didn't see any higher grades, though I'm sure there were some, so I'm content. If I can get that grade throughout, augmented by some extra credit, I'm good.

Tomorrow will be easier than today, as I have two classes I like. In Public Speaking, I'll go over the first speech we have to give (a mini-introduction), and in HGD, we'll continue reviewing stuff from Intro Psych, so I'm golden.

I really like this branch of psychology, not so much I'd want to do it for a living, but enough that I'm not going to bitch about the research paper we'll have to write. I've already got my topic ready: Childhood interactions with violent sporting activities and its impact on aggressive tendencies in later adolescence. Basically, that boils down to: if you played or watched a lot of hockey, football, or wrestling, you're probably more aggressive than the average kid who didn't. I think the gender gap will be interesting to deal with, as I wonder what impact exposure to violent sports has on aggressive tendencies in females. The male link should be a piece of cake.

I'm probably wrong, but as long as my research is valid, it doesn't matter what my hypothesis says. No one said you had to have a correct hypothesis to conduct a valid study.

Anyway, I'll be going now. I've got to get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.