Friday, January 06, 2006

dr. worm

They Might Be Giants - Doctor Worm (pops)

Today didn't suck nearly as much as yesterday.

I wake up, take a shower, get dressed, and eat breakfast. My grandmother comes over to help plan a surprise party for my grandfather on Sunday. She also brought my birthday card, containing some money. Always nice.

As I'm walking out the door, my uncle calls and wants to know if I can help him move back into his house. (It's a long story, but the moral is simple: get a good divorce lawyer, and don't give up everything even if you want your kids to have a smooth transition. It just gets messier and messier.) I tell him that I'm walking out the door to go to school. He says okay, and to call him when I get home and see if there's anything that he still needs help with. I said okay. Later, I did call him, and he was practically done, so no need for me to drive from Statham to Bethlehem to Winder to Bethlehem and back to Statham. My gas tank thanks him.

So anyway, I go to school, and my first class is Speech. The teacher was pretty cool, except for me having to buy another book on top of the required textbook. He was the stage announcer for the Libertarian Presidential Convention in 2004, so I have a feeling we're going to get along just fine.

HGD was fun. I like the teacher, and the teacher likes me, to the point of making fun of me for essentially acing the prerequisite course he taught. Interestingly enough, he said that Stacie and I were pretty much the only ones who made above a 90 in his Intro Psych, and that out of 28 students in the class, 17 failed. So I feel much better about my academic abilities. Ego = stroked.

Then I came home, watched "The Office" and "My Name is Earl", and piddled around for a while. I had Domino's delivered. The new 7-7-7 deal, where you can get three mediums any way you like for $7 a piece. I got Hawaiian, Mom got the all-meat, and Dad got the supreme, sans mushrooms.

He's as allergic as I am, if not more. Then again, he's had more opportunities to get sick off of them. I had a great-uncle who, when he was a kid, found out the hard way he was allergic to mushrooms. He ate a full plate of them and wound up in the hospital, where they had to pump his stomach. So we avoid mushrooms in my family like the plague. Actually, we'd probably take our chances with the plague.

So that was pretty much my day. Not too exciting, but I prefer boring to disastrous any day. This weekend, I'm going to re-learn Spanish, and do about a dozen online worksheets. That's about it. But it's enough, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.