Monday, November 15, 2004

this is an intriguing turn

Well, looks like JS has a girlfriend now.

We beat the hated Morgan County High academic team 450-235.

Pay up, Kate.

In other news, I saw some of the PPV last night. No, I didn't pay for it. What kind of idiot do you think I am?

I always check to see if the cable company has accidentally left the feed on, and for the big four PPVs (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series), they usually do. I got to see WMXX this way, and I thank the fine folks at Adelphia for it.

I checked the feed in the living room as it started, and no go. So I forgot about it. Later on, at about 9:30, I get ready to go to bed, turn on the TV in my room, remember to switch it over to the PPV channel, and lo and behold, it's on.

I was halfway through the opening hype package for JBL/Booker. I think to myself, "This shouldn't suck that bad". Well, I've been wrong before, and here I have the proof. Just boring, with no real psych (not that I was real concerned about psych, as I was ready to go to sleep).

I make it through the match (flipping back to Pimp My Ride and VH1 Classic frequently), and it's time for the RAW eight-man.

I watch up to the first elimination: Benoit.

Now, tell me, what sense does it make to have the man with arguably the best workrate, arguably the most reason to hate Evolution, be the first one eliminated?

I turned it to ESPNEWS and promptly fell asleep, as I am wont to do.

That's right, I turned down a FREE PPV telecast. Can you say "all time low for the product"? I know I can.

I'd at least watch Turning Point (Dec. 5) if the TNA email system was on time and I remembered to check the feed.

I'm sorry, I don't really get the Snitsky love. As a "so bad he's good", he's not that bad, and as a "so good he's good", he's not that good. He's really just there, a la Tomko.

I enjoy Luther on SD!, just because he's not cartoony. He's just a big bad-ass who looks halfway credible in the ring. I can dig that. You have to remember, I grew up on Ray Traylor matches, and Luther's playing 1996-era Ray Traylor as a complete heel enforcer.

I half-way enjoy Heiden-Red-Skull, just because of my Heyman markdom.

That's it. Put Cornette with Snitsky, and we have a match made in Hea... well, let's just say a match.

That's enough wrestling gibberish for now. CubsFan is probably the only one who understood all of that.

I'm tired after the three hour total bus ride to and from Morgan County, so I'll see y'all later. I'm gonna go watch RAW and see if I can stay awake through it, which is usually not the case these days.

And if you write for NFTM, write an article this week or be prepared to get yelled at something fierce.

2 Comments:

Blogger suplexmasta said...

If only I could make people who count love me by linking them on my webpage...

9:31 AM

 
Blogger suplexmasta said...

I love you, Kate...

11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.