Tuesday, October 26, 2004

take a bite out of crime

Scruff McGruff
Chicago, Illinois
60652

My Academic team won last night, 510-260.

This is what you'd call a "sound thrashing".

NFTM is going along swimmingly, as we now have three members, with two more on the way. Hopefully, it'll be updated at least once a day, especially if we can get a nice round total of seven writers.

TheCubsFan is your god. Worship him as such. They're going all the way next year, believe it!

I figure I'm about three months away from becoming an internet superstar, and four months away from becoming a clue in an obscure trivia contest. Lofty aspirations, I know, but at least we'll always have Paris.

I am currently working on beating the original "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego". I'm up to sleuth. I haven't played that game since 1994, and I'm still kicking ass right and left. Go me.

Big ups to Scott Christ for some corrections. Keep the IWA:MS reviews coming, Scott.

I guess I'm done for now. Fire drill, and all that.

3 Comments:

Blogger suplexmasta said...

Monroe County. Sorry.

However, Monroe beat Morgan, so indirectly, we beat Morgan County. Does that count?

11:45 AM

 
Blogger the Cubs Fan said...

>I am currently working on beating the original "Where
>in the World is Carmen Sandiego". I'm up to sleuth. I
>haven't played that game since 1994, and I'm still
>kicking ass right and left. Go me.

Maybe because I was, what, 13? when that came out, but I always found the intermediate->hard clues near impossible without using whatever reference book that came with the game. I guess you could get by with google nowadays.

PLUS, when you got all the way up, the time limit on catching Carmen was so short and the clues especially minimal and vague, it was more a matter of winning a few coin flip guesses than actually sleuthing her out. So disappionting.

1:16 PM

 
Blogger suplexmasta said...

Not to burst your bubble, but I was 7 in 1994.

I also never had a copy of the reference manual.

And to think, it was a public school that had CS on its computers. Now, nothing that's not made by Microsoft, and no games whatsoever.

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.