Tuesday, September 05, 2006

cigarette state

Robbie Fulks - Cigarette State (pops)

Uh, yeah.

So I have to make myself do one of these posts at least once a week or I get all disappointed in myself. So here you go.

I did my first day of field observations today. Nothing too interesting happened. I mostly sat around and watched the kids do vocabulary words and goof off.

Honestly, that's about it.

I've been putting off my Spanish homework for a while (it's not actually do until October 10th or so, but still). I've got my first test in there on Friday and I have a feeling I should be doing a little more work outside of class than I'm currently doing. Yet, the overwhelming urge to slack consumes me, and I'll probably rush and do all of it the week before it's due.

Have I mentioned I have stopped caring about grades so much? It's kind of refreshing to not put that kind of pressure on yourself. On the other hand, I'll probably start feeling all guilty and wind up running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to keep my 4.0. Stupid guilt. Damn my traditional Southern upbringing. (For the uninitiated, it's almost exactly like Jewish-mother guilt, but with fried chicken instead of chicken soup, and spitting everytime someone mentions Yankees instead of Germans.)

Finally, in closing, rest in peace, Crocodile Hunter. An ostentatious outward appearance hid a dedicated conservationist and family man. I hope you're wrestling crocs in heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.