Friday, June 30, 2006

the long cut

Uncle Tupelo - The Long Cut (pops)

I'm done for the next six weeks or so.

I got done Thursday, where I half-assed a presentation and exempted from the final anyway. I love it when teachers don't really want to be there either.

This morning I went to get a haircut. I also went out and bought a Game Boy Advance, because, darn it, I deserve a treat every now and then. I've been messing with it for most of the day.

I got the Risk/Clue/Battleship cartridge, and I like the Risk most of all. Too bad I can beat the AI in four turns using the Izzard method. (Start in Australia, build up in Indonesia, steamroll through the Middle East into Africa, then go around to the Americas and keep steamrolling. You'll get the continent bonuses from Africa and South America, so you'll be more efficient than just sprawling everywhere.

I also got Pokemon Sapphire.

Done laughing yet?

No?

Okay, quit.

Hey, they're good little strategy games. I suck out loud at Final Fantasy, so this is the only RPG-ish game series I'm decent at. Well, besides an obscure, buggy PC D&D game, but that doesn't really count.

The kittens are being kicked out of their hidey-hole by the mother, so they're now in the middle of the floor and not fast enough to get out of the way. They're still as cute as ever, though, so we put up with it and move them into safe spots.

I think that's about it for the week, really. Again, not that interesting of a life. I guess I'll be back sometime next week, maybe?

2 Comments:

Blogger the Cubs Fan said...

How can you possibly "suck out loud" at Final Fantasy? Unless you have no partience for leveling up (and then, boy are you going to be bored by Pokemon!), they're not the hardest games.

Which Pokemon games have you played? I can't find 'em now, but I think I had about three of them before I got bored with the routine.

8:55 PM

 
Blogger suplexmasta said...

Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and now Sapphire, plus some non-RPG stuff like Snap and Pinball. I actually had a great team on Red, but I may have accidentally deleted them, and I also had a Gameshark. Great fun, but cheating of the highest order.

I never got into FFVII, mostly because it took an hour to get through the cutscenes at the opening. Then I couldn't make headway as far as directions. Then I inevitably died from some simple battle. Trust me, I suck at FF. I couldn't ever get into the original NES ones, maybe because of the emulator interface. Maybe one day I'll give them a shot again, btu not anytime soon.

9:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.