Tuesday, August 01, 2006

prototype

OutKast - Prototype (pops)

Hey, it's August!

Wait a minute, you mean it's already August?

Dammit.

You know it's almost time to get back to the coal mines when you start preparing the looseleaf and binders for the next semester. I did that today and it was depressing as hell.

Also, when I emptied out my old folders, I realized something: for a person with negligible artistic talent, I sure doodle a lot. I have one folder (World Civ) that is almost entirely doodling.

Then again, I have one (Communications) where you can see the exact point in the class where I realized that I was wasting time taking notes, because I stopped mid-sentence and left the rest of the notebook entirely blank.

We've made a hard and fast decision on the kittens. If they're not gone in two weeks (they'll be nine weeks old), we're going the Wal-Mart route and putting them in a big cardboard box, camping out in the parking lot, and getting the attention of a lot of little kids. Hopefully it won't come to that.

The big cat's already got a new owner lined up. She's going to be a mouser in my cousin's new house in McCaysville. I have a feeling she'll do just fine, seeing as she has no qualms about getting her paws dirty with hunting and such.

I want to buy a new musical instrument, but I also feel like I should be saving my money. (I want to be able to put a sizable down payment on a house as soon as I can, hopefully a only year or two into my first real job.) I can't decide whether I want to get a banjo or a twelve-string guitar. I already know how to play a normal guitar, which is no different in playing method, and I like the sound of a twelve string. I also want to branch out and maybe learn some new techniques, which would coincide nicely with the banjo. I'm not completely clueless about banjo technique, but is a definite adjustment between that and a regular guitar.

I'd love to get an autoharp, but there's no way I could justify the expense of one (hint, hint, for Christmas gifts). I also have a bizarre urge to buy a cheap violin and learn how to play the fiddle. It'd at least be funny to see me try. I know the fingerings (same as a mandolin), but I have no experience whatsoever with a bow.

Well, that'll about do it for now. Bye.

1 Comments:

Blogger suplexmasta said...

All a bouzouki is, is a guitar sized mandolin. No fun in that, since I already know all of the quirks of the mando.

How about the middle-eastern Oud, with it's feather pick and bent headstock?

Or maybe an accordion?

2:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.