Tuesday, January 31, 2006

the impression that I get

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get (pops)

God, I hate Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It's bad enough the weird hours I've got to go, but do they have to have two tests on the same day?

This weekend, I was pretty much a basket case. Stress and I aren't best pals, so I spent most of Sunday trying not to vomit. Monday wasn't great, and this morning was rough.

But this afternoon wasn't that bad. The test in World Civ was as close to a cupcake as I'm likely to get. It was easy mostly due to me cramming like crazy with my friend Justin right before the class began. We spent thirty solid minutes going over every stray bit of information, so when the test came, it seemed easier.

Spanish, on the other hand, was a cold hard bitch. I left two questions blank, which I never do. One whole section was a mystery, and half of another I know I did poorly on. But the straight conjugation was good because I spent forty-five minutes drilling them into my skull right before the beginning of the class. The scrambles and pronouns, though, were not my friend. I did a good job on the essay section, so that kind of makes up for it. I have the feeling she's going to be a strict grader, which means I'm screwed. If I get above an 85, I will be genuinely shocked. I'm thinking somewhere around an 82 or 83.

I've got to do some book work in Spanish by Thursday, a two minute speech in Communications by Friday, a test in Human Growth and Development on Friday, plus four medical journal article summaries in HGD by the tenth, and a five-page MLA format paper for World Civ by the fourteenth.

I finally figured out the one bad thing asbout a two-year school. In a four-year program, you've got eight semesters to get rid of the little crap electives. In a two-year, you've got to cram all of the shit classes into four semesters.

So how was your day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.