Wednesday, October 26, 2005

bombs over baghdad

Outkast - B.O.B. (pops)

Continuing a trend of three letter acronyms, I present to you, straight from the Dungeon, "Bombs Over Baghdad". I try not to get too political on here, but we just hit the 2,000 mark in American casualties in Iraq. Something's wrong about our presence over there. I've got family serving over there, and I cringe every time I hear about another senseless death, whether it be on our side or theirs. I firmly believe in a policy of non-involvement, but I'm often overruled by the more domineering portion of American society.

Then again, my political policy in most instances is non-involvement. I guess it comes with the territory of being a libertarian. Simply put, I don't care what you do to yourself, as long as no one else is hurt. The mantra works just fine, until someone gets hurt. Then, libertarians usually become kind of conflicted. On one hand, it's violating another person's intrinsic rights, but on the other hand, who are we to judge the actions of another person?

Now, in a blatant change of subject, I feel a little better today. I took some Tylenol PM last night, but it didn't do anything besides give me mild hallucinations when I went to sleep. Weird dreams. Not nightmares or anything, but definitely weird.

Now my stomach's acting up again, which should come as no surprise. Hopefully I'll make it through this week with no major problems.

I just realized I haven't missed a day of school yet this semester. For the average college student, that's quite an accomplishment, but when you factor in my previous attendance record, it's approaching a miracle. I guess going two hours a day is easier to get through than a full seven and a half in high school.

I'll wrap this up. See you on the flip side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.