Wednesday, October 19, 2005

blood on our hands

Death From Above 1979 - Blood On Our Hands (pops)

So I took an Enneagram test (sometimes I think I'll try any quiz once.)

I had to write a paper in Selick's AP Literature class once on the psychological aspects of a Browning poem, and used Enneagramic testing to completely bullshit two pages of it.

See, kids, it helps to have working knowledge of a variety of completely obscure topics on which to bullshit a paper. The teacher probably isn't going to have a clue what you're talking about, and won't go to all of the trouble of looking it up when they can just mark it as a passing grade and move on. Good topics include encryption, neuroscience, quantum physics, and lesser-known tribal societies. All of these topics are actually pretty easy to grasp the basics of, but most people will be scared off before doing any research.

Caveat emptor, though. Some teachers have a phobia about being uninformed, and this strategy will bite you squarely in the ass. They will do research just to spite you. These kinds of teachers also usually need to get laid worse than I do, which is saying something.

Personally, I think Enneagrams are probably as valid as any other widely used psychological profiling tool. Which is to say, not very.

Go ahead and take the test, see what you get, and post the results somewhere (not my comments section, as the HTML won't display correctly). Beware, the long version (the one I used) is over 130 questions long.

Anyway, here are my results, which I attempted to clean up for your viewing pleasure. I didn't succeed, but at least I tried.

Enneagram Test Results
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 25%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 33%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 56%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 24%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 50%
Your main type is 5
Your variant is self pres

Take Free Enneagram Personality Test

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.