Friday, September 09, 2005

found out about you

Gin Blossoms - Found Out About You (pops)
Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down (pops)

Tests weren't as hard as they could have been, or as I was making them out to be. But by freaking out ever so slightly, I was prepared for whatever the professor put in front of me. Algebra had a lot of weird problems, but I at least went through the process, so I get points for showing my work.

A lesson to the kiddies: if the teacher wants you to show your work, DO IT. That way, if you get a completely wild-ass answer, at least you did the process, so you get credit up until the point you screwed up.

I've been listening to more music lately. Recent grabs: "American Idiot" from Green Day, "In Your Honor" from the Foo Fighters, and I've got the newest Hanson ("Underneath") on my stack.

"American Idiot" is the B-minus from the stupid kid at school. If it was any other band, no one would really notice. But since it came from Green Day, who have set our expectations much lower, we're all pleasantly surprised. Not to say it's bad, but just saying it's not the second coming or anything.

I've only gotten through the first disc of "In Your Honor", so I'll reserve judgement. So far, it's decent, but I'm not blown away. I'm hoping the second disc will blow me away, because Dave Grohl is one of those people you just want to like. The Foos' first album was blow-away good, the second a little less so, "Nothing Left to Lose" was a sleeper, and "One By One" was kind of weak, so this will either be perfectly average or another sleeper.

I think this weekend I'm going to dig up some old video games and see if I can amuse myself. A few months of EWR sounds nice about right now. Though with my current wrestling mindset, I'd take WWE and make it Lucha central.

Actually, that's not a bad idea...

Anyway, I'll add a few new links to the sidebar, and maybe change a few others around. The design of the site is about where I want it, but I wish it could meet some compliance standards. I'm pretty sure that any Blogger template is by definition not going to meet any W3 standards, though, so I could be fighting a losing battle. I just don't want to have to overhaul my code completely. I should probably just slap a "W3 Compliant" button on the side and not worry about actually being compliant.

Everybody understand that last paragraph? No? Good.

Watch the videos, drink your ass off, and root for UGA. Only because the Gainesville College Fightin' Geese don't have a football team, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.