Monday, March 13, 2006

just might make me believe

Sugarland - Just Might (Make Me Believe) (pops)

I have got to write more.

I've got too many stray ideas that could be something substantial, if not necessarily earth-shattering, to not get some of them down.

So I've got a plan.

This summer, I resolve to write something of artistic merit every single day.

I'm intentionally leaving that vague, because I can do a lot of things that fall under "something of artistic merit". Songs, poems, short stories, novellas, magazine articles, comic books, you name it. Any genre, but I've got to get something down every day. I'm afraid that if I don't put something down on paper with some regularity, the skill will leave me.

I'm so going to need someone to remind me of this idea later, or I'll never get started. One of my intrepid readers, maybe?

Today, I read an entire history of Valiant Comics, a synopsis of the Piers Anthony "Incarnations of Immortality" series (which is more than a little similar to Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" series), and watched four hours of lucha from mid-August.

So I'm feeling inspired. I think I've figured out that I need a reliable illustrator to work up some sketches for a comic book idea. I just need someone who can do pencils, because I can do inking and coloring on my own (with or without Photoshop). As far as the idea, I don't want to go into too many details, lest someone with more publishing mien than me happen upon them and pilfer them, but think "Rising Stars" meets "JLE". But suitable for teenage audiences!

Seriously, if you or anyone you know has any interest in doing comic-book-style graphic work, let me know. I have a design aesthetic in mind, but I really have no room to talk as I can't draw for shit, so I'm flexible. I can trace pretty well, though.

If I can get somewhere on this idea, it will really help me on my summer goal. Otherwise, I see a lot of bad love songs in my future.

Speaking of love songs, Last.FM is the best thing ever. The "similar artist" radio is awesome, even though I have to use the skip button a lot more than I should. It will go through five songs I hate, but then it plays this one song I've never heard of but instantly love. It's a good discovery tool. I like it a little more than Pandora, mainly because there's no time limit for non-subscribers.

Well, that's all the time we have today. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.