Sunday, February 26, 2006

nobody's fool

Avril Lavigne - Nobody's Fool

Sadly, this isn't a cover of Cinderella's hair-metal tour de force. Well, I guess a guy can hope, right?

Seriously, this live footage shows that some singers (not to mention any names) need a good producer to rein in their vocal "quirks".

I'm being very nice by using the word "quirks" in place of the proper word, which would be "flaws".

Avril is fine when she's got the Matrix behind her. No, not the Wachowski brothers movie, but the trio of producers that made her a pop star. Any other time, she has a tendency to be, well, bad. Not horrendous, because Pro Tools can only do so much, but definitely not up to par.

Anyway, on Saturday, I got a haircut, went grocery shopping, bought a new copy of Norton AV, and got an external dual-layer DVD-RW drive. So I'm pretty much depleted as far as money goes. Nobody ask for a loan for a while, huh?

I spent today doing Spanish homework, installing said drive, and trying to not stress out over HGD test I took on Friday. I also need to not stress out over the projected Spanish test on Thursday, the speech I have to give on next Monday, and the World Civ test lurking around the corner. I've got a PowerPoint presentation to do for HGD sometime, but he hasn't even gone over the requirements for it, so I'm not too incredibly worried.

Tomorrow, I'm going to go to school (and hopefully just be able to veg out), then come home and do Spanish lab work, write a speech, and try to study everything else.

I'm not going to be fun to be around until sometime in the middle of May. Then, I have to get ready to go back for three weeks of class. After that I'll get my real summer vacation, from the end of June to the middle of August, where I will not get up before 9:00 unless someone is dying. As it is, I can't even sleep past 8:30 on weekends. I've got too much to do, and my brain won't let me forget it.

So how was your weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.