Tuesday, May 09, 2006

better way

Ben Harper - Better Way (pops)

Well, my DirecTV receiver's been broken since yesterday, and it's pissing me off.

It's just my personal receiver, in my room. The other two are fine.

So I'm having to pay $70.00 to get someone to come out and say "Yeah, it's broken, better buy another one". Last time I checked, $70.00 didn't grow on trees, so that kind of sucks.

What's more, is I can't sleep without the TV on (neither can my mom, where I got it from), so I'm having to leave my Last.FM station on all night and keep my monitor on to try to simulate it. It doesn't work, but it's at least letting me get a little bit of sleep.

Also, I spent most of the afternoon yesterday clearing the yard and cutting weeds out from under the back of the house. Lots of fun. I spent this afternoon repainting the natural gas tank. As you know, me and manual labor don't get along, so I'm definitely enjoying all of this stuff.

Since my TV doesn't work, and StumbleUpon is as slow as molasses going uphill in December thanks to their botched hardware upgrade, I'm resorting to "soaking the sponge", as it were, by reading online encyclopedias, at least in between bouts of manual labor. I do this thing every once in awhile, where I search for something random, then follow whatever links are on the page, and I end up knowing way too much about completely useless stuff, like the entire discography of Scatman John, including his hard-to-find Japanese-only singles.

Yes, I know I could be doing something useful, but where's the fun in that?

Well, I'm going to try to go to sleep. Good night, world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.