Tuesday, March 28, 2006

live and learn

The Cardigans - Live and Learn (pops)

Country-flavored pop-rock from a Swedish female-fronted band?

The mind boggles.

Speaking of country, on my little shopping excursion Saturday, I got an "Encyclopedia of Country Music, 1920-1997". Sometimes I think that I have an actual addiction to outdated reference books. I've got several editions "Leonard Maltin's Big Book of Movies" from all throughout the 1990's, a few editions of "The People's Almanac" from the 1970's, and gobs and gobs of music encyclopedias, like the Guiness Encyclopedia of Popular Music, which dates to roughly 1995, which I purchased sometime in 2000 for three bucks.

Okay, I also really like cheap stuff, and outdated reference materials are even cheaper than sports video games from more than two years ago. (I have every edition of Madden Football from the first one to 2004, and I spent maybe fifteen bucks for all of them. Madden '95 is still the best sports game ever, with NHL '95 right behind it. I miss the Sega Genesis.)

So as far as my schedule for next semester goes, it sucks. Really, really sucks. On Mondays, I'll be at the school from 10AM to 7PM, with only a one hour break at noon. Wednesdays, I'll be there from 10AM to noon and then come back at 4PM until 7PM. Fridays are comparatively easy, with just 10AM to noon.

Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to Mondays. I'm trying to get a little bit of a reprieve, and get into the same class as the late class, but on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11AM, but it's tough going.

Since I'll be free (or at least not in class) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'll probably take the substitute teaching class at the Barrow County Board of Education this summer, if I can get in, and sub at the high school a little bit during the year.

Scary thought, huh?

Well, let's end on that note. Write, call, or e-mail with complaints, comments, or marriage proposals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.