Monday, November 07, 2005

laffy taffy

D4L - Laffy Taffy (pops)

Y'all know I gots to represent the Dirty Dirty, ergo I have selected the local sensations D4L, as their soulful and melodic strains distract from the hardscrabble upbringing of many disenfranchised urban youths.

Or something like that.

I didn't get the classes I wanted, but I got a schedule that will suffice for now, if nothing better comes along. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I'll go to Speech at 10:00 and Human Growth and Development at 11:00. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'll go to World Civilization at 2:00 and Elementary Spanish II at 3:30.

This June, I'll take my Health and Wellness from 11:00 to 1:45 every weekday except Friday. Sure, it sucks, but it's required, and I figure fifteen days for three hours is better than thirty or forty-five one-hour classes.

So I've got May and July, plus half of August completely free. Since I signed up for a summer class, I don't half to get a job, according to the 'rents.

I think next August I'll try and take the substitute teacher workshop, and try to get a schedule where I can have either Tuesdays and Thursdays, Mondays and Wednesdays and Fridays, or Fridays off. That way I can make a little green and still go to class full-time. It's like a real job, but not, you know?

The only problem is, if I start subbing and I totally screw it up, it jeopardizes my chances of getting a student-teaching spot and eventually getting a job at the high school. I kind of need both of those.

I really don't want to do my practicum or my student-teaching anywhere else, mainly because I'm used to Winder, and I know virtually everyone. I guess if I absolutely had to, I could go to Oconee or (gag) Apalachee. Worst case scenario, though.

It could be worse. I could do my student teaching at Clarke Central. Then again, I could always brag about my bullet scars after I student-taught there.

I'm done for now. Hit me up on email for all the latest news, gossip, and unsubstantiated rumors you can stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.