Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I can't tell you why

The Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why (pops)

Timothy B. Schmit, everybody.

Now, you wanna talk about underrated musicians, there's somebody for you. Think of how many good songs he's done vocals for (like this one), then think of how many he's written (Poco's "Keep On Believin'", David Cassidy's "I Can See Everything", Restless Heart's "Tell Me What You Dream"), then think of how many good bands he's played with (The Eagles, Poco, Ringo Starr's All-Starr Band). Pretty impressive.

Plus, he was able to keep sane on multiple Eagles tours, and that's got to count for something.

Anyway, back to my life. Boring, I know.

Nothing interesting or different today. Same old, same old.

I had hamburgers for dinner. I'm sure you were dying to know.

I have no idea what I'm getting myself for Christmas. I thought about maybe a laptop, but I don't know if I can justify the expense. I know some of you are thinking "What is this 'justifying an expense?' that he's talking about? If you want it, buy it!" Well, when you're responsible for a major part of your household's income like I am now, your priorities change a little. It's a bit more important to have groceries or gas than it is to have a laptop right now. Real World Lesson number one, kids: It's hard to enjoy your new electronic toy that much when the electric bill hasn't been paid.

I set up my schedule over the weekend. Best case scenario, I have the same class schedule I do now: 10:00 to 12:00 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; 11:00 to 1:45 on Tuesday and Thursday. Second best, I'll go from 1:15 to 2:30 on Monday and Wednesday, 12:30 to 4:45 on Tuesday and Thursday, and I'd have Fridays off. Worst case, I'd go 1:15 to 5:15 on Mondays and Wednesdays with a big break between 2:30 and 4:00, and then 11:00 to 1:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, off Friday.

I would really prefer to go all five days, because it would give me a smoother routine. Sure, only going four days a week has its advantages, but you know getting up on Monday would be a killer. Plus, I want to have classes around 10:00, so I can get homework done when i get home. I know if I had to get up early to do homework, and then go to school later in the day, I'd never get anything done.

I guess you could say I'm a morning person, just looking at my schedule, but I actually hate getting up early and never get anything of note accomplished before noon. But I do a good job of looking busy from about 10:00 on, so it's good to have class then.

Oh well, I've rambled on long enough. I'm going to go watch some UFC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.