Tuesday, August 02, 2005

maureen

So I got the new Fountains of Wayne album (2 CD set) of b-sides, novelty singles, and covers.

The world would be a better place if we could all just sit back, listen, and groove to the main guitar line of "Maureen", which will firmly entrench itself in your synapses, residing there all day even as you're trying to get something resembling work done.

Said work was assembling the quotes for the headline generator that replaced the "Don't be afraid" tagline at the top of the page. Since it's been a long time since I did anything like webpage design, I had to scour the internet for a JavaScript tutorial to refresh my memory on how to do a pseudo-random generator. That was the comparatively easy part. Then I had to go through Wikiquote and find enough quotes to fill my insane goals.

I didn't realize how much of an influence Animaniacs was on my life.

Also, Daria, The Tick, and John Hughes movies.

Wow, that sounds like a bad personals ad. "Must like the Tick, Animaniacs, John Hughes, Voltaire".

Speaking of bad personal ads, I amused myself today by signing up for one of the more inane dating sites, OKCupid. There is entirely too much work going into the profiles on here. If we could somehow funnel the manpower used to create dating service ads, we would have cured cancer by now.

Then again, I not only spent some of today making a profile on said site, I also wasted the better part of the day looking at wikipedia comic book character profiles and learning how to play forgotten 80's pop songs (Aztec Camera rocks!), so I'm not exactly the authority on efficient use of time and resources.

For you non-local readers, my home county reputedly has the highest incidence of cancer in the United States, but the actual statistics are suppressed.

Yes, we beat New Jersey.

And I live across the road from what used to be an asbestos mine, so I'm essentially doomed. I also live under a power line, and less than a quarter of a mile from a microwave transmitter.

If I develop superpowers, you'll know that spiders or crash-landing aliens had little to do with it.

All I need is the cape, I've already got the mask.

1 Comments:

Blogger suplexmasta said...

I was thinking about a power ring, Green Lantern style. That way, I can create anything I want, as long as it's translucent green and isn't near anything yellow.

I wouldn't use my x-ray vision for evil. I would simply be the protector of the all of the all-female dormitories in the tri-state area. Excelsior!

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.