Sunday, July 17, 2005

all I have to do is dream

Two opposing forces: boredom and dread.

Boredom is obvious. I haven't had any work to do in forever, and you can only watch so many episodes of Card Sharks before life begins to lose all meaning.

Dread is a little more complicated. I dread going back to school, mainly because I hate having to change my routine.

I've settled into a nice little rut of waking up at 10:00AM, spending an hour on a runthrough of the 'net, getting up and eating "breakfast", taking a shower, then general lounging until about 2:00AM, when I roll over and fall asleep.

Come August, though, I'll have to get up at 8:30, run to the shower, get dressed, be out of the door by either 9:00 or 10:00, depending on the day, in class by either 10:00 or 11:00, in class until either 12:00 or 1:00, then on Mondays rush to the high school to do Academic Bowl (if Kate and I get the position as Advisors), then go home and do a few hours of homework before finding something for dinner and/or working on freelance stuff to earn some scratch.

Not exactly a strenuous schedule, but considerably different from what I do now.

I still haven't found a car, but a lady is supposed to call me back about a 1993 Nissan Altima with less than 100,000 miles. She initially wanted $3000, but then I had to inform her she was batshit insane. I'll offer $1700 to start (Blue Book value is $1895), but I'll go as high as $2100 if the car drives decently.

I've really got to have a car by the end of the week, because Barrow County starts back (for teachers, at least) next week.

I could always drive Dad's old and busted ride, but it's got a V8 (means more gas and more power, neither of which I want) and a transmission with a tendency to slip out of third gear. Probably what I'll end up with, though.

I spent all Friday morning parallel parking. I'm not great, but a few more days working on it and I'll be good to go. I'm not really worried about the impending trest, which means I'll either ace it effortlessly or fail miserably.

Well, if my ulcer doesn't catch back up with me, I'll be okay. Surprisingly, I've made it almost the entire summer without a major flareup. A virtual lack of stress and responsibility will do wonders for one's gastrointestinal health.

Too much information to close this one out. Adios, and remember: it's not the size of the boat, but the size of the dock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.