Wednesday, July 13, 2005

survival car

I've spent most of the week up to this point shoping for a new car. I've got a decent lead if I can't find anything better, but I don't really want a car with 234,000 miles on it. Otherwise, it's pretty nice, but I'm afraid I'd spend more money on mechanics than what I'd pay for the car ($1500, but I can talk him down). 1989 Accord DXe, by the way.

If I decide to just say screw it, I could get a 1983 Ram Charger for $500. One owner, basically a sunday-driver for the past decade and a half. The cons on that one though: no air conditioning, gas guzzler, and it's one of my dad's friend's cars, and if something happened with the car, it could affect that relationship.

Plus, the thing's too big. I'm used to driving a 2001 Honda CRV, which is among the smallest SUVs made. It's basically an Accord with a lift kit, which is why I'm interested in the '89 Accord.

While I was looking for a car yesterday, I stepped in an anthill while wearing flip-flops, and easily have two dozen ant bites on my feet. Also, I helped fix the water pump out at the wellhouse, and got mosquito bites all on my legs. I've got at least three dozen bites or stings on me right now, and boy do they ever itch.

Apparently, I'm candy for critters this week.

That is the dorkiest thing I've ever said, heard, or thought, and in the future I'll deny I ever said it.

I read the entire first run of Brian Michael Bendis' Powers series. I actually like it, more than I thought I would. Although it gets kind of shitty near the end. Especially issue 31. I understand where he was going with it, but come on. Monkeys?

And if you don't love cameos by Warren Ellis, you don't love America.

My mother is officially hooked on poker. She's been watching all of the reruns of the WSOP, and I keep up with this year's standings, so she's up to date on the action this year. In addition, she's been obsessively watching the Celebrity Poker shows on Bravo, plus World Poker Tour on the Travel Channel and various little shows on Fox Sports.

I got her an account with PartyPoker, and she'll probably ruin the family financially, and it'll all be my fault.

But seriously, I taught her everything she knows, so she could at least beat Toby... I mean Thalyn.

Now if Jonboy shows up, I might as well start calling him "landlord".

I do all right for my self, but I don't compete for money very often. I can beat TJ all of the time, most any body three-quarters of the time, and Jonboy half the time, so I'm decent.

I still stay in the "play money" rooms at PartyPoker, though. I'm not at my best if I can't see my opponents in the flesh. I'm all about the body language and the tells. Doesn't mean I'm not good, though. I can hold my own with almost anybody in the play rooms. I'm "mrjablowme", if you run into me. Feel free to brag if you take all of my fake money.

Anyways, that about does it for this edition of the semi-regular, should-probably-be-updated-more-often blog.

Email me or call me, preferably at home. Figure out the number from the various encrypted messages hidden in this post.

I also accept letters, carrier pigeons, and telegrams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.