Thursday, June 09, 2005

bang bang boom

I'm bored.

Really bored.

I'm so bored I'd almost rather be working. That bored.

On the plus side, I've cemented myself as a hardcore comic book geek, as I read over 250 issues of Uncanny X-Men in three days.

That can't be all that healthy.

I just picked up the entire run of "The Invisibles", which is the most bizzaro version of a superhero team book possible. The first assumption necessary in reading it is simple: every single conspiracy theory you've ever heard is completely true. There are engines capable of running on pure water that have absolutely no emissions, but the petroleum companies supressed the technology. Oswald didn't kill Kennedy; a Russian monkey who was bathed in cosmic radiation in space pulled the trigger. The government developed a number of viruses, such as AIDS, to control the "undesirable" population. Time travel is possible, and there are a large number of "tourists" on the planet at any given time.

So it's perfect for a paranoid like me.

Oh, and the principle guiding the entire series is the world will end on December 12, 2012. That's the main focus of the team.

I've watched very little wrestling in the past few days, but I've got two weeks of lucha Tivo'd in addition to Monday's Raw that I need to watch. I caught most of Raw live, but I wasn't paying that much attention besides the very beginning and the very end.

Thanks to living in Georgia in the summer with a shitty power company, my power's gone off every single night for the past few days because of the sudden thunderstorms.

My satellite recievers are out of wack and I need to reset the favored channels. It seems like we get at least one new channel a week.

Last month we got the new soccer channels, which don't do me a bit of good as I hate soccer but love rugby (union sucks, league rules).

This month we got the Fox Reality channel, which is better than it sounds. I loved "Last Comic Standing", and they show it with no commercials and new commentary from the contestants.

Points to the person who can name the origin of the post title, plus a free copy of the source material.

Enough rambling for now. Listen to death metal and drop acid.

1 Comments:

Blogger the Cubs Fan said...

Do I win if I google?

Reading lots of one run of books in a short time can be fun - you read it, you enjoy it, you don't spend too much time thinking about it because you've got the next one to read.

Uncanny X-Men seems like an unsatisfying one, because too much of it seems to get resolved elsewhere or not at all. I guess it depends on the issues.

4:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.