Thursday, August 11, 2005

love you 'til the day I die

Hey, how about a game of my own? There's seventy-five quotes that randomly generate on my headline. For each quote, name the movie or television show, episode (if applicable), and the character who said it. Some aren't from TV or movies; in that case, name the person or persons who said it and the title of the work (if applicable).

That should kill some time, right? It will also increase my page views by several hundred, making me more attractive to potential advertisers.

Speaking of which, if I put Google ads on here, would some of you be willing to click them every so often? Because I don't want to bother if no one's ever going to click on them and thereby earn me money. Seeing as how the PayPal system has worked so marvelously, I have only a modicum of faith in making any money this way.

I read Scott McCloud's "Understanding Comics" yesterday. I am of the firm opinion that everyone should read this, and those that do gain a greater understanding of not just comic books, but all art. McCloud deconstructs the comic book, showing the level of creativity necessary to elevate the form into true art, like the works of Will Eisner, Art Spiegelman, and Frank Miller. You will never look at a newspaper comic the same way, much less a full comic book, after you read "Understanding Comics".

Songs recently learned: Billy Vera's "At This Moment", Percy Sledge's "When a Man Loves a Woman", and Dolly Parton's "Jolene". All of which are extremely fun to play, but you can really get some anger out when playing "Jolene". Also, I've got Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade of Pale" under my belt.

Have at the contest. I know this a short entry, but I'm running around trying to get ready for school and don't have as much time to devote here as I normally do. I promise some semblance of normalcy within the month.

Adios, and remember:

But I hear voices,
And I see colors.
But I wish I felt nothing;
Then it might be easy for me,
Like it is for you.

10 Comments:

Blogger arnoldix15bkgreene said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:03 AM

 
Blogger cHiCkA said...

I have to use premium too...
it cost $50 something yesterday to fill it up...but my dad paid since i was literally on E and only had like at max 5 miles til i ran out completely...usually i only put in twenty...hell that doesnt even get a fuckin quarter of a tank...it sucks...

8:02 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Narf!- Pinky from Pinky and the Brain.
The McGyver one is from Family Guy, (said by Peter Griffin) I'm thinking the episode where Brian leaves the house, Portrait of A Dog might be the title. It's off the top of my head, so I make no promises.

8:46 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Mystik Spiral-Should be Trent Lane from Daria. Can't name an episode though, all the episodes of that show run together.So I guess I can get half a point or something

8:51 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

God bless those pagans-Homer Simpson, the Simpsons, episode might be "The Gospel According to Homer, but there are really too many religious episodes of that show" Oh well, close enough. Incidentally, all this guessing is keeping me from packing.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Click Click Bloody Click Pancakes-Stewie, Family Guy, Love Thy Trophy episode.

Incidentally, if you're quoting what I think you're quoting, you've misquoted on I like my beers cold and my homosexuals flaming. I think its actually I like my beer cold my tv loud and my homosexuals flaming. But maybe you're quoting something else. I'm thinking early Homer Simpson, like first two or three seasons.

9:13 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I should really save myself some time and just say half are from Simpsons and the other half from Family Guy. I can't name episodes on the Simpsons though
Boy everyone is stupid except me-Homer
Coming up next: Can yodeling cure cancer? Of course not. Simpsons, Kent Brockman

9:26 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes? - Anthony Michael Hall's character (Does he ever have a name) on Sixteen Candles

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

The one about 106 miles to Chicago, blah blah blah, that one's obviously Blues Brothers

11:03 AM

 
Blogger suplexmasta said...

Anti-flooding controls are bad. Maybe by posting this, I can prevent them from operating successfully. Hopefully. If not, email me the answers.

6:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.