Thursday, August 11, 2005

love you 'til the day I die

Hey, how about a game of my own? There's seventy-five quotes that randomly generate on my headline. For each quote, name the movie or television show, episode (if applicable), and the character who said it. Some aren't from TV or movies; in that case, name the person or persons who said it and the title of the work (if applicable).

That should kill some time, right? It will also increase my page views by several hundred, making me more attractive to potential advertisers.

Speaking of which, if I put Google ads on here, would some of you be willing to click them every so often? Because I don't want to bother if no one's ever going to click on them and thereby earn me money. Seeing as how the PayPal system has worked so marvelously, I have only a modicum of faith in making any money this way.

I read Scott McCloud's "Understanding Comics" yesterday. I am of the firm opinion that everyone should read this, and those that do gain a greater understanding of not just comic books, but all art. McCloud deconstructs the comic book, showing the level of creativity necessary to elevate the form into true art, like the works of Will Eisner, Art Spiegelman, and Frank Miller. You will never look at a newspaper comic the same way, much less a full comic book, after you read "Understanding Comics".

Songs recently learned: Billy Vera's "At This Moment", Percy Sledge's "When a Man Loves a Woman", and Dolly Parton's "Jolene". All of which are extremely fun to play, but you can really get some anger out when playing "Jolene". Also, I've got Procol Harum's "A Whiter Shade of Pale" under my belt.

Have at the contest. I know this a short entry, but I'm running around trying to get ready for school and don't have as much time to devote here as I normally do. I promise some semblance of normalcy within the month.

Adios, and remember:

But I hear voices,
And I see colors.
But I wish I felt nothing;
Then it might be easy for me,
Like it is for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger suplexmasta said...

Anti-flooding controls are bad. Maybe by posting this, I can prevent them from operating successfully. Hopefully. If not, email me the answers.

6:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.