Thursday, April 21, 2005

heart full of soul

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow. I have to go on an interview to determine how much money the Chamber will give me for college. I'm guaranteed to get something, but my performance tomorrow determines whether it's $500 or $2000.

At least I've got the Slaughter $1000 to fall back on. And that comes directly to me.

Plus the paltry sum the Optimists give me.

I'll have no problems paying tuition, what with HOPE, but I need to get a car and soon.

Of course, I need to be able to drive half-decently first, but isn't that more of a minor concern? I'm an okay driver, just horribly inexperienced.

Tomorrow I've got to wear the SUIT OF POWER all day, since I can't run back home before the interview. I'm going to get strange looks all day, but I don't really mind. Perhaps I can distract the teachers long enough to stave off any real work.

Speaking of which, I should be drawing a story map and motif chart for "Light in August" right now, but you don't see me rushing to my books, now do you?

Maybe after this I'll rush over to Spark, but that's about it. I've got a free day in first, plus we're watching a movie in second, so I'm not worried. The mini-cheat-group of me, Twiggs, Mooch, Yap, and McGee will do just fine. As long as we can all cheat off of McGee, that is.

Actually, now that I think about it, isn't it the stupidest idea to have big projects due the day before prom? No one's going to thinking straight.

Ah, prom. Love is in the air, soon to be replaced with the twin odors of sweet rejection and silent elation.

Remember, Monday is schoolwide Rebound Day, so cash your chips in while you can.

For those of you wondering, Sunday is Hangover Day and Tuesday is Regret Day.

Wednesday is the 27th. Were you expecting a joke?

Later, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.