Saturday, April 16, 2005

country grammar

I'm awake now.

I had to get up at 6:20 for some reason that isn't really clear to me.

(I didn't get to sleep until 2:00, trying to finish a download that just turned out to be spyware.)

Then I went, at 10:00, to the Beta Club booksale at the wonderful Winder Wal-Mart, that last bastion of high society.

Today marks the first time I've seen a girl (mid-20's, maybe) in an electric wheelchair, with a nose ring, smoking a cigarette, with an oxygen tank stored on the back of her chair.

Only in beautiful Barrow County.

I've got a mountain of mash-ups lying around my hard drive now, thanks to the miracle of DSL.

Speaking of music, I got a reply from my cousin about the last package we sent him, which had magazines, newspapers, jerky, and gummy bears in it. He really enjoyed the package, but he had some more requests for CDs: Aerosmith and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I haven't sent him the ones I've got now, so get me what you can. Joey, I'm looking at you.

Again, I'd burn him my stuff, but all of mine's on vinyl. I've got all the original LS albums, plus Aerosmith's Rocks and Greatest Hits.

Speaking of Joey, thanks for the link. I've got a gig of Gram Parsons waiting on me when I finish this.

I wrapped up my play. Copies are available for proofreading/ridicule. Email me if you want a look-see.

(Warning: contains adult themes, but mostly juvenile humor.)

On that note, we exit. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.