Wednesday, March 30, 2005

dedication

(Note: I was going to post this yesterday, but Blogger freaked out on me.)

You ever hear someone talk, or see something they write, and then you see a picture of them much later on, and realize they look nothing like what they sound like to you, the picture you had in your head?

Happens to me all the time.

But you know what's weird?

When they describe how they want to look, it almost exactly coincides with the description I had in my head.

I guess it's just more proof that the real "you" has more to do with how you think and how you act than how you look.

I have this weird ability to read people. I can decipher almost every important detail about you from a five-minute exchange. It serves me well for the most part, but sometimes it backfires, like all of my endeavors.

I can tell when something's "not right" with somebody, and generally avoid the prickly subject.

Then, there's times when I stumble around the elephant in the room so much it only draws attention to it.

I seem to do that a lot, at least this week.

Serves me right for going on intuition rather than fact.

Logic prevails over the abyss, but only when logic is conscious of the fact that it is still part of the chaos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.