Saturday, March 19, 2005

mystery tour

Hello there. Guess what?

-------------------------

Contest time again. Five songs, one common theme. I'll pick an obscure portion of the song, you go Google it.

To win, I need all five artists, all five titles, and the common theme.

#1
----------
Another lonely day, another lonely night
Here we go again out of touch and out of sight
This is the story of a boy meeting a girl
Lost and alone in a great brave world
Lonely downhearted feeling the pain
I never thought I could be this way
It doesn't matter what you say
It doesn't matter what you do
---------

#2
---------
Saw you last night
Dance by the light of the moon
Stars in your eyes
Free from the life that you knew
Saw you last night
Stars in the sky
Smiled in my room
---------

#3
---------
Summer turns me upside down
Summer summer summer
It's like a merry-go-round
I see you under the midnight
All shackles and bows
---------

#4
---------
I'm a party babe, I don't want to change
I can love you as I am, please don't go away
I'm a party babe, you can love me back
Love me hate me I don't care, just believe in me
---------

#5
---------
When I sleep
I slide into
Some heaven
But no one is there.
---------

If nobody gets this one, I give up.

If I made it any easier, I'd just have to give you the prizes now.

And I promise fabulous prizes. Perhaps with more than negligible monetary value.

Get to Googlin'.

----------------------

Everybody randomly send me stuff. Email me for my address. I assure you I will reciprocate.

I picked up two books today from the SciAm book club, the Writer's Handbook 2005 and a book on C++ that will most likely never be put to use. But, my membership requirement is done, so it's all good.

I realize now that, with a teacher's salary what it is, I'm going to need to pick up some money on the side, and there is only one possible solution:

Writing trashy romance novels.

Help me think of a pseudonym for the Harlequin and True Romance bylines. Email me your best suggestions.

But seriously, in the Writer's Handbook, there's a listing for the rates these magazines pay, and the money's really not too shabby. What's odd is that Penthouse (with a circulation of 641,100) pays more than Playboy (with a circulation of 3,213,200). You learn the weirdest things in books.

Also, Penthouse describes itself as for "the sophisticated male", while Playboy advertises for the "urban male".

Sadly, there are no listings for Hustler, Juggs, or Big'Uns.

I have to perfect my form:

---------

Dear Penthouse Forum,

You'll never believe this. I was stranded roadside in the desert when all of a sudden a tour bus filled with young nubile college gymnasts picked me up. Luckily, in my job as whipped cream deliveryman, my truck was stocked with all the necessary supplies for the wildest three days of my life...

---------

Nah. Too realistic.

Later, everybody. Leave comments or tags, or I stop updating every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.