Wednesday, March 23, 2005

radar love

You know how I said I wasn't going to update any more today?

Don't you know me well enough to know that I'm a liar?

Apparently, you know me better than you think. Nobody's scored less than passing on the "Do You Know Your Friend" test.

Granted, at the time I'm writing this, only two people have taken the quiz.

Pagey is the early leader with a whopping 80% correct. There will be a prize for people who score 100% on their first try.

Ask Kate, my prizes are great. And semi-legal!

The entire graduating class has been stricken with a vindictive case of senioritis. No one has any energy left for those silly "assignments".

Case in point, I should be writing a report on the Romantic period of literature right now, but I'm so bored with the entire concept of school at this point that I don't have the energy.

Yet I have the energy to write this. Strange.

Right now, I'm listening to one of my dad's old 70's hit compilations. The last songs played, in order:
  1. "Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John
  2. "Long Cool Woman (in a Black Dress)" by the Hollies
  3. "Radar Love (Extended Version)" by Golden Earring
  4. "Baby Please Don't Go" by the Amboy Dukes


Yes, voluntarily. I happen to like most of those.

Of course, I like nearly all kinds of music. From polka to power-pop to merengue to mazurkas, I'll listen to it.

I really need to get a treatment written, for a book or screenplay or something.

Here's my idea: A day in the life of a dingy bar. The central plot point is a murder gone wrong (my absolute favorite plot convention of all). The characters drive the entire thing, and it's non-linear. All of the action takes place inside the bar, save for a couple flashbacks. The main character is a normal guy, an accountant or some such white-collar menial job, who gets caught in a shitty situation. The story takes place in a single day, mostly in the span of eighty or ninety minutes.

It's not a mystery, as the villain will be revealed quite early. It's more of a character portrait, one of those "how does the ordinary man react to extraordinary circumstances" deals.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Comments welcomed, flames mostly ignored. Later, everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.