Thursday, April 06, 2006

not pretty enough

Kasey Chambers - Not Pretty Enough (live) (opens in Windows Media Player)

I have a psycho teacher.

Well, one psycho teacher, one teacher who means well but is misguided, and one who is really nice but gives a ton of work that probably isn't all necessary.

All three have conspired together (I assume) to form a dark cabal bent on making my life suck for a couple of weeks.

Three major, grade-altering projects, all due in a span of two days. Plus at least two Spanish tests, two World Civ tests, one Speech test and one HGD test within the next three weeks.

Have I mentioned that this time of year sucks. It's called a pacing guide, and it's there to ensure this kind of stuff doesn't happen. Follow it, and all will be well. Write some extra time into the guide, so maybe the students can have a break a couple of times during the year.

So in essence, grrr.

Also, my family has adopted a cat, or rather it adopted us. It showed up last week, and so far it's here most of every day. The twisted sense of humor in our house has led to her name: "Here".

As in, "Here, kitty, kitty".

We were going to name her "Bucky", after Bucky D. Katt of Get Fuzzy fame, but she turned out to be a she, and "Bucky" doesn't work for a female cat.

Again, twisted sense of humor.

She is like a dog in that she comes running off the porch and greets me when I get out of my car. And I don't even smell like cat food. I have never had a cat do this. Ever. Maybe a weird cat for a weird family.

Anyway, that's it for this week. Tune in next week, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Search Popdex:

Promote your blog for free.